Now is the time to embrace new SEO strategies and tactics, such as video and voice search, in order to not only improve your search rankings but also increase your traffic and conversions.
SEO changes every year. It’s not just about using keywords anymore—it has become a lot more complicated than just that. There are so many factors you need to consider to optimize your website for higher search engine rankings these days: content, on-page optimization (title tags, meta descriptions), off-page optimization (quality backlinks), user experience design and numerous other factors will help determine whether or not Google ranks you high in its SERPs.
If you want to stay relevant in today’s digital world, then it’s important that you keep up with today’s trends while simultaneously keeping an eye on future ones too!
Improve your website speed.
Google has emphasized the importance of site speed in its search algorithm. Speed matters to users—if your site takes too long to load, they’ll go somewhere else. Speed is also important on mobile devices, where data costs may be higher and connections tend to be slower than home or office connections. As a result of these factors, page speed is a ranking factor in Google’s algorithm and can impact conversions on your site since users who are unhappy with your site’s speed are likely to leave without buying anything from you!
Google PageSpeed Insights is an excellent tool that will analyze how quickly your pages load and provide recommendations for improving their performance.
Don’t forget about voice search.
It’s true that voice searches are still on the rise, but they’re not going away. It’s also true that you should be optimizing your pages for both types of searches (regular, text-based searches and voice search). So if you’re not thinking about how to optimize for voice search, it’s high time you did.
What is voice search? Voice search occurs when a user speaks their query into their phone or computer instead of typing it in. What does this look like? Here are some examples: “how long is a piece of string?” or “what’s the weather like today?” You can see how these two queries would often be very different for regular text-based searches than they would be in a world of voice only queries.
How do I optimize my site for this type of search? You’ll want to include your keywords within your title tags, meta descriptions and headers (H1s). As we’ve discussed before on this blog, people who use Google Home tend to ask questions and then follow up with additional clarification – so make sure you have all relevant information included at the bottom of each page on which you’ve optimized!
Create more content.
Content is king. The more content you have on your website, the more keywords it will rank for. And the more keywords it ranks for, the more traffic you’ll get. And when you get more traffic from a higher ranking in search engines like Google and Bing, then conversions are sure to follow. If those conversions come from people who were both looking for what they found on your site AND ready to buy something from it—that means money! So yes: content is important! Creating enough of it would seem like one of those things that’s impossible not to do enough of (what with all the benefits), but if you want to really boost SEO rankings in 2022 then there’s no time like now!
Embrace SEO-friendly video.
Video is an excellent way to increase your SEO rankings. By leveraging video marketing, you’ll be able to maximize the number of people who see your content and boost traffic to your site. If a customer searches for a topic that relates to the product or service you offer, the search engine will return results from video sites like YouTube, Vimeo and other similar platforms first before ranking traditional text-based pages.
YouTube videos are automatically optimized for search engines so they’ll appear in relevant searches faster than non-optimized content ever could! While optimizing any piece of content is important, especially if it’s going out on social media channels like Facebook or Instagram where users don’t click through links as often (this means lower visibility), videos are even more critical because they’re easier for Google’s crawlers to evaluate their relevance than other types of content such as articles or blog posts without images embedded within them currently available online today.”
Make sure you have a mobile-friendly site (and mobile app).
If you want to be a digital marketing expert by 2022, you’ll need to know how to make your site mobile friendly. Mobile-friendly websites are now a necessity for digital marketers—and for good reason:
- Over half of all searches worldwide are performed on mobile devices.
- Users who visit an unoptimized site will simply leave and never return (or try again later).
- The average abandonment rate for mobile sites is 57%, whereas it’s less than 50% for desktop sites.
You can test your website’s readiness in many ways, but here are some basics that will help get you started:
Use Google AMP and Facebook Instant Articles.
- Google AMP and Facebook Instant Articles are the fastest way to load a web page on the internet.
- You should use them because they boost your SEO rankings in Google’s search results, making you more visible to people searching for keywords related to your business or industry.
- They also increase engagement and conversion rate—and help you get more shares on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and LinkedIn (as well as on other sites where people share content).
Take advantage of local SEO.
If you run a brick-and-mortar business, this one is for you. Local SEO (search engine optimization) can be a powerful tool for getting your business in front of more eyes, and it’s especially important if you live in an area where there are lots of local businesses competing for customers. Here’s what to do:
- Register your business with Google My Business.
- Add your address to the website itself and make sure it’s accurate by using tools like Google Maps and Street View.
- Add your address to local directory listings such as Yelp, TripAdvisor and Hotfrog (among others).
- Make sure that all of the information on the site—from meta descriptions to content titles—have keywords that target your specific location or service offerings (e.g., “vacation rental” instead of just “rentals”). For example: If I’m searching for rentals in San Diego on Google Maps or Yelp, I’ll want results that include words like “apartment” or “condo,” which will only show up if my location is added directly into those platforms by me or my digital marketing team!
Optimizing for featured snippets is key to a 2022 SEO strategy.
Featured snippets are created when Google is able to answer a user’s question by providing the answer in the search results. Using schema markup and specific keywords, you can make it more likely that your content will be featured in a featured snippet on Google.
One way to optimize for featured snippets is by using relevant keywords and questions in your title tag, meta description and H1 tags. For example: “How do I increase my SEO rankings?
While it may be impossible to predict all the changes that will come with SEO in 2022, we can all make an effort to stay ahead of today’s trends, even if only slightly.