We all want to rank higher in Google’s SERP and one of the ways to do that is through content marketing. However, there are a lot of factors to consider when you’re creating this content. For example, how much time do you have to create this content? If your answer to that was “as little as possible” then I have just the tool for you: SEMrush.
What is SEMrush?
SEMrush is a powerful and versatile competitive intelligence suite for online marketing, from SEO and PPC to social media and video advertising research.
- It provides all the information you need to make informed decisions on where you should be focusing your efforts.
- You can use it to find new backlinks that could help improve your site’s rankings, track how well your competitors are doing, identify keywords with high commercial intent so you know what kind of content to create or optimize on your website, uncover opportunities in the paid search (PPC) arena by finding new keywords that people are searching for but aren’t being served ads for just yet—and much more!
Who is SEMrush for?
SEMrush is for marketers and agencies. If you’re a marketer who works for an agency, you’ve probably already heard about SEMrush. It’s the tool of choice for many professional marketers to help them track their ad campaigns, analyze competitors’ websites, and keep up with trends in the industry.
If you’re running your own business or freelancing as an SEO specialist or digital marketer, SEMrush can be an invaluable resource when it comes to tracking how your website ranks on search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing (to name just a few). And because it provides detailed keyword data across all of these platforms—as well as competitor research—it serves as a valuable tool even outside of any budget constraints that may exist within larger corporations.
SEMrush is also great if you’re working with smaller budgets because of its ability to provide insights into what keywords are most likely going to drive traffic without having spent much money on PPC campaigns yet!
SEMrush is a multi-purpose platform for online marketing. It offers keyword research, SEO/PPC, social media, content marketing and competitive research. SEMrush has a database of over 130 million keywords and more than 46 million domains.
With SEMrush you can:
- Find ‘low hanging fruit’ by identifying the most profitable keywords for your business (ideal for beginners).
- Discover long-tail keyword phrases that aren’t being targeted by other companies in your industry or niche (ideal for mid-level).
- Learn how competitors are getting traffic from search engines so you can optimize your own website accordingly (ideal for advanced users).
SEMrush’s keywords tool
SEMrush’s Keywords Tool is a free and powerful tool that helps you find keywords for your paid search campaigns. The tool includes a wide range of filters, allowing you to sort through keyword suggestions based on their popularity, traffic volume and other criteria:
- Popularity filter: Allows you to filter by keyword popularity as measured by the number of global searches per month (GSM).
- Traffic filter: Allows you to filter by traffic volume data.
- Ad competition filter: Allows users to reduce the number of results based on their AdWords competition score. Using this feature allows users to see only keywords that are highly likely to be profitable with minimal investment in advertising.
- Search intent filter: Allows users to prioritize their queries based on how often they’re used as navigational terms vs transactional terms (e-commerce) or informational/how-to queries (e-learning).
What does SEMrush cost?
Pricing plans are based on the number of reports you get per day. The basic plan is limited to 3 reports per day, while the next plan allows you to do 10 reports per day. The most expensive plan costs $99/month and comes with 50 reports per day.
All plans have a 7-day trial period and can be canceled at any time during this trial period without any additional costs or hidden fees.
SEMrush is a very powerful toolbox for digital marketers.
SEMrush is a very powerful toolbox for digital marketers. It offers a great set of tools and features to help you with SEO, PPC and content marketing.
This tool is not for small businesses that can’t afford the monthly fee or people who are not marketers.
Final verdict about SEMrush
At the end of the day, SEMrush is a powerful tool that can help you with your SEO and content marketing strategy. It’s an awesome tool with a lot of great features. However, it’s a big investment especially if you want to use all the features it offers.
You can consider using SEMrush as part of your arsenal as an online marketer or in-house SEO professional. Just remember that there are other tools out there that will provide similar results but at a lower cost (and sometimes even more accurate).